Sunday, August 31, 2014

August according to my iPhone

To see all the other fun we had this month - check these out!
Jillian thought that she got to do a Slip n Slide at Princess Camp, but it didn't work out, and she was sad! We happened to be at Kohl's after camp and found one for about $5, so I was a sucker for her sad face and caved!  We never quite got the hang of it, but they had fun playing in the water - and tried this technique of pushing each other through the spraying water.

Me and Julie at Tuba Fest - Neal's favorite night of the year.  We got to spend the night with our favorite Plano family, too, and despite Meredith getting pretty sick, everyone had fun!

Jillian has her own sense of style, so I hesitate to think I can pick out clothes for her without her around.  But I saw this shirt one day and knew I had to get it.  She is all about unicorns these days and loves anything with silly animals, so a shirt with animals that have horns on them, I knew would be a hit.  But I just didn't realize how much of a hit!  She would wear this shirt everyday if I let her (and I think when she was wearing it in this picture, she really had worn it two days in a row! Shhh....) She always says she wants to wear it "Because everyone will think it is hilarious!" I sure love her energy and her free spirit that are brought out even more in this pose she chose!

Visiting Grandma after Meredith's day at WOW camp! She had a great time after getting past the first day when she was still sick.  But she was able to go to the zoo, the trampoline park, the museum, and the watermark as a part of camp and loved it! Meredith wanted me to take this picture because she was excited that she is almost as tall as Grandma!

Bathing beauties.

The ALS Ice Bucket challenge was running rampant and Meredith got challenged - she accepted and took her ice bucket like a champ!  Then the girls decided to play Ice Bucket Challenge with their American Girl dolls, even taking videos on Meredith's iPod.  They did this over and over and over!  Later in the week, Neal, Jillian and I were all challenged as well.  So we all took an ice bucket to the head for a good cause!

Celebrating Labor Day weekend at Gigi's with our favorite cousins - all of whom love their goggles!  Isn't Carter cute?


No comments: