Friday, August 29, 2014

Sneak a Peek

Of course before we could get to the first day of school, we had to go to sneak a peek!  We were all excited for Thursday night so we could find out which teacher each girl would get.  I had maybe, possibly dropped a few hints to a few people at the school that I would be oh-so-happy to find out that Jillian would have the same teacher Meredith did, but I had no idea if they were able to honor that or not.  I was so hopeful - Jillian associated kindergarten with Mrs. Hoelscher.  She came with me so many days to help with parties and other events in Mrs. Hoelscher's room, so she knew her and her room and her traditions. She couldn't stop talking about the cinnamon tortillas Mrs. Hoelscher made on Cinco de Mayo.  We saw Mrs. Hoelscher at the grocery store and Jillian announced that she would be in her class. So, I prayed and hoped and crossed fingers.  And I tried to remind myself that my plans are not always God's so I needed to be prepared if He knew what would be better for Jillian.  So, with held breath, we walked into the cafeteria and they told us that Jillian's teacher was: Mrs. Hoelscher! And mama said "Amen!" I had prepared Jillian that God and Mr. Day, the principal, might have a different teacher in mind for her, so we would have to trust them.  She went along with this, but I could tell that she equally relieved and excited as I was when I heard her name!

Hugs for Mrs. Hoelscher!

Next up - we headed to the 2nd Grade hall and found out that Meredith would have Mrs. McQuay.  She is the only 2nd grade teacher that I really knew much about and I secretly hoped that she might have her, although I knew she would do great anywhere.  Meredith had heard about something fun that she did in her class just that day, so she was super excited as well!

Meredith and Mrs. McQuay

We also took a few minutes to go visit Meredith's 1st grade teachers to say hello of course, but also because Meredith had the world's loosest tooth that she would not let me pull.  She was convinced that Ms. Thomas (who has pulled her other 2 teeth) might help out and so we left the house, ready for it to be pulled.  But when we saw her, Meredith had second thoughts.  So, we left, me thinking this tooth was going to get swallowed in the middle of the night!  Luckily, Meredith had second thoughts and we headed back to let Ms. Thomas do her magic!


We stopped for dinner after Sneak a Peek and I got a picture of my girls with matching gap tooth grins!
All ready for the tooth fairy and 2nd grade!



No comments: