Friday, August 29, 2014

First Day of Kinder and 2nd Grade

Birthday Day for Meredith also meant first day of school for both girls.  I told several friends that I felt that it was unfair that I had to let my first baby turn eight on the same day I had to send my last baby to kindergarten!  Both girls were a little nervous for their first days, but they didn't show it too much that morning.  I was a little sad to be sending Jillian off.  I held it together that day until after drop off, though, so I say I get major points!




Jillian showing off her new unicorn backpack and her new favorite move the "shaky bottom" that she does for different events - so there is the "going to bed shaky bottom" or the "time for dinner shaky bottom", etc.  This one was, of course, the "first day of kindergarten shaky bottom"

Look at that happy girl - no nerves here!

Or here!
Sisters ready to take on Hill!


Jillian, showing off her new locker, complete with a purple star!

Posing with Mama before some puzzle time

Then we were off to take Meredith to her big 2nd grade room!

Both girls had great days - Jillian told me that she wants to "live at Kindergarten" and instead of her previous dream of being a swimming lessons teacher and a zoo school teacher, she now wants to be a kindergarten teacher when she grows up.  She was a little disappointed that she didn't learn to read on the first day, but I told her to give it time!  She was blessed to not only have the teacher I dreamed of, but she is also with a girl she has gotten to be friends with over the past year at pick-up for their big siblings and at their preschool (even though they were in different classes).  We even got to have a few playdates for them this summer.  And one of Meredith's friend's little sisters is in her class, too, so I was so glad to know that she already had 2 friends and familiar faces.  

After school we invited Gigi and Grandma out for some celebratory Froyo!


Can't wait to see how much these girls learn and grow this year!

No comments: