Thursday, March 26, 2009

Defining Bedrest to a 2 year old

Today I had my weekly check up with the doctor and found out that I have developed pretty high blood pressure. For the past week or so, I have had some pretty major headaches and apparently these are caused by the blood pressure. So I got to take a surprise trip to Labor and Delivery - I was reminded again, how blessed we are with our wonderful friends. Kim, who lives very close to my doctor, quickly answered my slightly frazzled phone call and was able to watch Meredith while I went to the hospital for a few hours of tests. Luckily, the tests didn't show anything too bad, but I have to monitor a few things today and then will go back to the doctor on Monday for a sonogram, but the doctor says that even if Jillian needed to come early, she will be just fine. So now, my task will be convincing Meredith that I need to lay down instead of pushing her in the swing, taking her to the mall, or any other number of requests! Piece of cake, right?

2 comments:

Adrien P Maroney said...

Can I do anything for you? Just let me know:) Rest Rest Rest!

Ginny V said...

I guess I will probably miss seeing you tomorrow then. .. .Take care of yourself and Jillian! We are excited for her arrival!