Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Firstish Haircut

I struggle with how to categorize our recent haircut experience, because in some ways this was a first for Miss Meredith and in other ways, not so much - so I will classify this before I tell you about this firstish haircut. When Meredith was about 14 months old, you could really say we took her for her first haircut - we went to this adorable girly girly place so that we could even out the sides of her hair (she was born with tons and tons of dark hair but lost a bit on one side specifically, giving her a very unique mohawk type effect for awhile). From there there were lots of at-home bang trims (which I now regret and am working hard to get those bangs grown out!) But these pictures will show you probably a more typical first hair cut.

Meredith has beautiful long hair but it was time to get a bit trimmed off the end, so last week we made a trip to a cute place near our house that has cars for the kids to play in while the stylists do their work - plus there are TVs to be a total distraction! This seemed to be key to getting Meredith to sit still and Meredith actually loved the whole experience. I was a little gun shy with how much I had them trim, so it isn't totally noticeable, but her hair looks healthier and maybe next time I will do a little more!

Disclaimer on the pictures - I have some crazy effect happening with these - I'll just claim this is a new technique my photography classes have been teaching me! :)

Meredith was so excited to get to drive the car!

This may look like she is a little concerned about how her style is going to turn out - but actually this is just a little girl very intent on what Barney is singing about on the TV in front of her!

The completed cut - and she even went for some blow drying!

No comments: