Monday, March 30, 2009

Looking good...

I just got back from my doctor appointment and today my blood pressure looked MUCH better. So even though I cheated on bedrest a bit this weekend, taking it easy must have helped which is encouraging! She also did a sonogram so we could see how Miss Jillian is doing - she was "practicing" breathing just like she should (which is something the dr said they stop doing if they are having trouble adjusting to things like the high blood pressure) and posed with her little hand on her forehead for a couple of pictures. She has Meredith's cute little lips and nose from what it looks like! She also appears to be growing like her big sister - her head was measuring 40 weeks (she is only 36!) and the doctor guessed that she is weighing 7lbs 4ozs. She is supposed to gain around a 1/2 lb a week, so by April 14th (when she plans to induce) she should definitely be over 8 lbs, luckily (for me!) the doctor said she didn't think she would quite reach the 9lbs that Meredith was, but we will see! She did say having high blood pressure can keep babies a little smaller, which as long as that isn't affecting her, I am ok with!

Hopefully I can get the sonogram pictures scanned and posted later!

1 comment:

Adrien P Maroney said...

I'm so glad you are doing better and sweet Jillian is well:) We will continue to pray for the both of you.