Monday, April 6, 2009

The room is ready!


Today, Bubbie brought over the a newly and beautifully recovered cushion to make Jillian's room all ready! So much planning went into her room and I had lots and lots of help making it perfect! First, I picked out bedding that my friend, Laura, very nicely picked up for me so that I could save money (she had a coupon that only she could use), then the hunt began for all the perfect things to go with the bedding. We had painted the room when we moved into the house and the color was really just a placeholder - we picked a light blue and I am not even sure why. When we found out Jillian was a girl, we thought we were going to have to repaint, but luckily the bedding had the exact color of blue and it looked great with the walls, so we left them the way the were and I couldn't be happier!

The only "problem" with the bedding that we picked was that there weren't as many accessories to go with it that we had for Meredith, but luckily Gigi is the perfect shopper and helped me find everything that I was looking for.

I am pretty proud of these because I actually painted them! Luckily they are very basic shapes!

I am so blessed to have lots of talented people in my life - Bubbie (aka Neal's mom) recovered the cushions that she recovered for Meredith to go perfectly in Jillian's room. And Aunt Sandy made these beautiful curtains - she mimmicked the bedskirt to the very last detail and they are so adorable!

I made this cute bow holder after seeing some at a store that wouldn't match her room. And we have lots of frames ready for pictures of her sweet face. The long pink wall hanging has a sweet sister phrase painted on it.

I was super-excited to find the mobile that is above the changing table. Meredith has one that has sea animals that matches her room and she used to stare at it so contently while I changed her diaper. This was something I didn't imagine I could find to go in Jillian's room, but this one is perfect!

So now, we just need a beautiful little girl to make this room totally complete. I had another Dr's appointment today and got another great report on my blood pressure. She also offically scheduled me for induction for next Tuesday - so she will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

Katie Geurin said...

It looks great! She is a lucky little girl! I'm very impressed by your painting...

Ginny V said...

Krista! Jillian's room is too adorable!!! I am so impressed with your paintings. . . I was going to email you and ask if they were PBK's! Maybe I can commission you for some artwork for our house? We will be thinking about your family and waiting for news of Jillian's arrival :)