Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The sweetest little girl

Every day I am just so amazed at what a wonderful and thoughtfully sweet little girl I have. My hormones are now, I am sure, playing a part of this, but it makes me tear up just thinking about her. She has had to give up so much mommy time and just normalcy these past few weeks because of my bedrest, but it has really left her fairly un-phased. She has had a few more "moments" than normal but I felt they were all very warranted considering she is 2 1/2 and really doesn't get what is going on.

For the past few days, she has gone to stay with Bubbie during the day and has even spent the night with Bubbie and Gigi a few nights when I was feeling especially drained. As soon as she sees me, though, she has come bearing gifts and treats to make me feel better. First was her sharing Pinky with me while I was laid up on the couch and then it was a cracker that she hand carried from Bubbie's and today, cookies that Bubbie said she was insistent I have. I feel so blessed that God entrusted such a beautiful little girl to me and I can't wait to see her as she shows her little sister how she too can be such a wonderful person.

No comments: