Monday, May 17, 2010

Jillian is (a little over!) 13 months


Ok, so only a couple of days over, so not so bad! I wasn't even sure I was going to keep doing a monthly update, but this month has been pretty big, so I thought I would brag about all the fun stuff Jillian is doing now that she is 13 months old!

First of all, thank you all for your prayers and sympathy and advice about Jillian's sleeping issues I posted about several weeks ago, I am very happy to report that shortly after that post, she did start sleeping through the night! We still have an occasional night where she wakes up crying but she is able to put herself back to sleep fairly quickly and without me going in to help her - and that also menas that she is not eating in the middle of the night either. So after we hit that milestone, I started weaning her from nursing and as of last week we stopped that altogether. So now, she is drinking only Whole Milk. I was excited that the transition to whole milk was pretty easy, but then I was TERRIFIED of getting her to give up the bottle. But to my surprise, she did it really easily and I even got her to do it without much planning - it just kind of happened!

Her super big accomplishment this month is that she has officially learned to walk and is getting pretty fast! And she is also learning new words -- two of her new favorites are "cracker" (which, much to Meredith's frustration, can also mean Goldfish, Cheerios, etc) and "Coki" (our dog).

No comments: