Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nobody Puts Dragonfield in a Corner

I have been known from time-to-time to call both of my girls names that are neither Meredith nor Jillian. These include (but are not limited to), for Meredith: Meredy Bear, Bear, Meredy Moo, Moo, Cutie, and Cutes and for Jillian: Jilly Bean, Beans, Beaners (and lots of other Bean iterations), Stinkopotomous, and Stink (not because she stinks but because she is kind of a cute little stink on lots of occasions). And both girls get called "Baby" lots and lots. The other day, I called Meredith "Baby" for some reason or another, to which she told me that she is not a baby, and asked why I could call her baby if she was a big girl. I told her that she was MY baby and always would be. Even with this oh-so-sweet rationale, she told me she didn't want me to call her "Baby" (sniff, sniff). So I asked what she wanted me to call her instead. Her answer? "Dragonfield". Of course. Not sure why that one wasn't something I had called her before. And she is holding me to it. Every time I forget and call her "Baby", she says "Don't call me Baby, you are supposed to call me Dragonfield, 'member?"

My sweet Dragonfield :)

No comments: