Friday, May 28, 2010

School's out!

What a year! I can't believe Meredith's first year of pre-school is over...she has learned so much, grown so much - it amazes me! We started off celebrating such a great year with donuts before school and I spent the time with Meredith and Jillian, just telling Meredith how proud I have been of her this year. I am looking forward to making donuts a yearly tradition.

Jillian and I later joined Meredith's class for her end of the year party. Her parties are always lots of fun - we had pizza, made cookies and art, and played fun games. Seeing her with her friends and her teachers is such a fun treat.


Jillian loved watching her sister make cookies...luckily there were some extras, I don't think we could have convinced her that she wasn't allowed to have one!

Looks like Meredith enjoyed it!
An impromptu game of ring-around-the-rosie was a huge hit - we could hardly break it up to get them to play the other games!
All the kids had a blast with duck-duck-goose and charades too!
Jillian was satisfied reading while the big kids played.


We have been so blessed by Meredith's class this year - the Superstars have been full of sweet kids that have become really good friends to my little girl. I have enjoyed spending time with lots of the mommies too. Most of all, we loved the Superstar teachers. Meredith is going to miss them over the summer and has already asked if we can have them both over to play! I am already praying for teachers this wonderful for next year.
Mrs Harris and Meredith
And cuddling with Mrs. Irons (and Meercat)

Another big part of our school year this year was spending school afternoons with our friends Grace and Jude. I was a able to pick them up from their classes and spend some time with them until their mom got done teaching at Arlington HS. When we didn't come home to play dress up, we spent lots of days at the indoor playground at Fielder or at the park by our house. The kids loved to take an occasional trip to Sonic for drinks and slushes and we all loved to play the Red Light Dance game on the way home. I am going to miss being around these two kids all the time, they are full of energy and just bring something different to our afternoons - and some of the most sweet moments were seeing Jude bond with Jillian at the beginning of the year - he just loved her and it was adorable.

I won't lie...at first, getting 3 preschoolers each with a nap mat and backpack, a baby, a stroller, arm fulls of art work, and a diaper bag through masses of other loaded down moms was a challenge. Those first few days, I was sure that one of us was going to get run over in the parking lot, but I am pretty proud to say, that I had the whole routine pretty well mastered by the end - and none us were flattened by a minivan or SUV. So I wanted to do something special on our last school day together. I set up the inflatable pool, passed out popsicles and we had a blast!
Meredith and her Popsicle - or lolli-pop as she preferred to call it.
Grace and Meredith dancing in the pool

Jillian sharing her Popsicle with me - this was her first ever Popsicle and I think she was a fan!

Tarzan Jude!
Such sweet friends!

No comments: