Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pajama Day

Last Thursday, as I was getting Meredith dressed, she told me - "Mama, Maddie said we get to wear our Pajamas and play!" At first, I thought maybe she was just telling me about playing pretend - so I asked, but she told me no, not for pretend. So then, I remembered they were studying night, so I looked at our calendar and it was PJ day! I quickly called Maddie's mom to make sure, and she confirmed that Maddie was ready to go in her PJs, so we changed into her beautiful Tinkerbell nightgown and some slippers. Then we get to school - I see NO ONE in PJS! Uh oh. Luckily, Meredith is 3 so she didn't notice or really care! Maddie and one other girl did have on theirs. I was really struck by how little you really do care about that stuff and was so wishful that I could be more like that! On the way out of school that day, One of my other mom friends knew I was feeling a little bad for her that she was kind of sticking out, she told her how pretty she looked and Meredith very excitedly said "Today was a Pajama Party!" So, she still didn't seem to care that she was in the minority of PJ wearers - and maybe she even was excited that she was that cool! :)

No comments: