Friday, July 29, 2011

Celebrating Jackie and Joyce

As I said in my last post, my friends, Jackie and Joyce are both moving (Jackie to Houston and Joyce to New York), so last night we had a big party for them. This summer has been pretty emotional for me thinking about these girls not being down the street for me but I am so proud of them and excited for what lies ahead for them.
It was getting late and everything was funny, and I love this picture.

And just because it is so cool, here is Joyce's gift (Jackie has her own that is personalized to her, too). We had our friend, Jon, make these amazing boxes. He personalized them with their names carved inside but also included a symbol that is in our church on the outside. So cool. The necklace includes charms from their friends. We all went to a store and picked out something specific to our relationship with each girl and had them added to the necklace. When I went to pick them up and saw how much they are loved, I really lost it. Luckily, the girls behind the counter didn't judge me too harshly! :)

Jackie and Joyce - not sure what I am going to do without you, except maybe call and text you all the time, but I am going to still miss you both like crazy!

No comments: