Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I wanna be a firefigher when I grow up

A few weeks ago, our playgroup headed out to the Pantego firestation for a tour. We did this last year and it was so much fun! The Firefighters are so kind to take time out to show all these little ones how they live and work! We started off seeing their house and then headed out to see the trucks. The kids had a blast!
Meredith brought her own fire hat!
She got to try on the real thing, though, too!
Meredith was excited to get to sit in the fire truck for real
Jillian was being a little clingy all morning, so she wasn't too excited about this task solo, but with mom and sissy, it was fun!

After the tour, they took us back inside and they let me dress up in the 1,000 pounds of hot that is their uniform.
Quite the look.
Jillian decides she should probably get closer as I start looking crazier and crazier.
She was really not sure she was a big fan of this fun
Showing her my face only helped her a little! :)
Seriously - this is so hot and heavy. And I wasn't running through a fire and carrying someone down a flight of stairs. These guys are tough!

This is Jonathan, he isn't even one. After I had all the stuff on, he just sat in his mom's lap and waved and waved at me (while many of the older kids were giving me some questioning looks). Then he was more than happy to come hang out with me! He really helped the other kids feel better about coming up to see me!
Meredith was ready to pose with me, but...
Jillian required an entourage!

No comments: