Thursday, July 7, 2011

Light Up Arlington

To celebrate the 4th of July, we started off with swimming and dinner with my parents, my grandma, and Landon (who got to spend awhile with Gigi and Papa while his parents were on a fabulous vacation!) After dinner, we headed out to Light Up Arlington for some fun and fireworks! The kids got to go in the bounce houses (Jillian politely declined to participate) and then took a fun train ride! It was a really hectic line to get on the ride, so it didn't even occur to me that I should maybe go, too until the train started pulling out of the parking lot onto city streets with three preschoolers inside! Jillian was my biggest fear - that she might decide she was all done and hop out on the side of the road. Luckily, she was thrilled with the ride and everyone came back safely!
A blurry pic, but still cute of the kids on their train!

We had great seats that were super close to where they were launching the fireworks, which was fun for most of us. Meredith has always been scared of firework noise, so before we went she asked for earmuffs. Keeping the 100+ degree temps in mind, I decided, instead to pack my ear buds and let her listen to my iPod. Unfortunately it didn't help too much - there was still lots of nervousness and tears. Landon was a trooper and just kept his eyes glued on the sky - and his hands over his ears! Jillian was a little hesitant at first, but then loved announcing all the colors! "A o-ange one! A pupple one! Look, mama stars!" I loved watching them with her!
Silly cousins and their light-up swords
Meredith pretending to be Statue of Liberty
Jillian needed to, too!
Taking a break from a sword fight
Love these sweet faces
Trying to drown out the firework noise. Next time - noise cancelling head phones!
Jillian enthralled
She took a break to go visit Grandma, too!
Beans took a break from telling me all about the fireworks to give Gigi and Landon a lesson in colors, too.

No comments: