Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love the ribbon Great Grandma!

My dad went to see my grandparents this past weekend and brought home a beautiful quilt that was hand pieced around 1856 by my Grandma great-grandma (not sure how many greats that is for me!) My grandma and her quilting group worked to quilt the top over the past year or so so that she could give it to me - I love it so much especially because it has so much family history! But with the quilt came an enormous ribbon that the quilt won! And what a prize this was for Meredith! She immediately wanted to wear it and of course didn't want to take it off even at bed time! I convinced her that it might hurt to sleep in it, so I hung it on her wall. Apparently in the middle of the night, she got up and played with it and took it all around her room because she showed me all the places that it had gone when she got up! So, Grandma - who knew that the ribbon would make Meredith as happy as you working so hard on something for me! Thank you - we love you!

Proudly wearing her ribbon!
She wanted to make sure Baby Jillian saw it too!
Papa cuddling with his two girls - oh and the ribbon!

No comments: