Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

We celebrated Memorial Day at Gigi's pool - and Meredith could not have been more excited! She has been talking about the pool forever and was so excited when we told her that she could swim on Monday! She kept telling me and anyone that would listen "I swim at Gigi's pool on MONDAY!" She loved the floaties and especially loved watching Uncle Neil and Daddy do flips and dives from the diving board! She even got brave enough to jump off the diving board herself (of course I spotted her down into loving arms below!)

Meredith loving her pink hippo float!

Jillian catching some rays!

We were doing great until I got too confident in her ability to float in this TINY car float that she thought was great. I was already sitting on the side of the pool, wrapped in a towel, when she went tumbling over upside down! I jumped in quickly, but she was doing great getting her little feet free of the littler holes and making her way to the top of the water. She was of course pretty scared and was done with the pool - I am hoping it hasn't scarred her, but she does still keep talking about it! I just tell her that she looked like Ariel and was a beautiful mermaid in hopes that she might try out the pool again soon!
The culprit of the water tumbling...
And post swimming it was time for a fun bath with Landon - they splashed and played letters so happily!!

No comments: