Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Duck, duck, ducks

Today, after putting away the new bread Jillian and I just bought at the grocery store, I realized we had a pretty full loaf still waiting for us. I decided to take it out of the sandwich rotation but before tossing it out, I decided that it would be a perfect treat for the ducks. So, Jillian and I loaded up in the car with the bread and headed for a near-by park to see the ducks (or duck, duck, ducks as Jillian would say.)

The ducks were all napping when we arrived, but they were quite happy to see us coming and greeted us quickly! Jillian couldn't have been more thrilled!
To show her enthusiasm, she did lots of quaking and calling to them.
We both even talked one duck into getting pretty close to us. She decided this was a bad idea when Jillian went to go pet her like she was a dog, luckily, the duck isn't that trusting and was far enough away to run off.
She really liked trying to throw bread to the ducks, but...
...it was really more fun to eat it herself. (Again, the bread was still good. So I have made a mental note to always pack good bread to feed Jillian even if I take stale bread for the ducks!) She just kept asking for more to feed herself, while she encouraged me to throw the rest to the ducks. Really, a win-win for everyone involved.


No comments: