Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of Dance and Tumbling

After a great year of dance last year for Meredith, we were excited to start it again this year! Last year, the one downfall to dance was that Jillian, as she got a bit older, not only got bored in the lobby waiting for big sis, but she also was dying to join her! She would crawl in right behind her and just sit, until I scooped her up, and then she would wail! So, I was thrilled to find out that there was a Tumbling class for little bitties going on at the exact time as Meredith's class! I really thought she would have fun and I thought that doing something with another adult would be good for her since she is with me so much. I knew she was not always the happiest camper when I dropped her off at Church, so I was expecting a bit of the same. And I got it. Unfortunately, on Sundays, I go far, far away and assume that she stops. But in the dance lobby, I learned this might not be the case, since I got to hear her cry the whole time! Luckily, one of our friends that helps with the preschoolers on Sundays also teaches at the studio and jumped in to hold her and help her do some of the activities even through the tears. When I picked her up, the teacher assured me that this is normal and that she was actually really impressed that she was still good at participating even while crying. So, here's to hoping that each week gets a bit better! Meredith, of course, did great and was super excited to have Maddie back in her class and that Grace is in her class too!
Who is ready to tumble?
Jillian is!
Love this belly shot!
Meredith was ready to get there and dance already!
Time for the sisters to dance!

No comments: