Friday, September 3, 2010

Fancy Dinner

After spending the day with my sweet Grandma, who is recovering from surgery (and got a great prognosis from the doctors, too, Praise God!) Meredith was excited to convince me and Gigi that we should all go to dinner. With that task taken care of, she decided she needed to be fancier. So, I lucked out and found a box of my old dance costumes in my old closet and we went to town. We started with just a little tutu, to which she said "I am still not fancy enough!" and we kept going. Until we got to....
Fancy Meredith! This is a combination of many pieces of old dance costumes, stuff from my childhood dress up chest, and even the hat I wore to an NKOTB concert circa 1988.
Jillian was a little fancy for a little while, but then decided to go back to being just Jillian.

My very proper mom, kept saying "You aren't going to let her got to dinner in that, are you?" I would just snicker and play along with Meredith. Then Meredith decided that I needed to be fancy too. This was a little bit more of a problem since the dress up box didn't have anything in my current size, but I did piece together a few things and she was eventually satisfied that I was Fancy too....
The Fancy Girls! I am wearing a scarf and shawl, a fox stole from my Grandma (or maybe even earlier) and a tutu.
This was enough to send my mom into near-sweats not believing that I was now considering going in public like this. But neither Meredith nor I backed down. Then Meredith said, "We need to go somewhere Fancy. Where can we go that is Fancy?" CiCi's pizza, of course! The only scary moment for me was when Meredith came in the car with Gigi and they got there after me. I decided to wait until they arrived to get out of my car. Once we got into Cici's, I got lots of "what the heck" looks until they would see Meredith right beside me, and then I would get some really sweet looks like "I remember those days!" Neal didn't get a tip-off to our wardrobe choices and actually looked like he might leave when he first saw us! What a fun dinner!

2 comments:

Katie Geurin said...

This is a mommy moment for the history books! I love it! I'll need to borrow the fox stole and NKOTB hat for my next date night.

Neil said...

That would make a sweet "Blossom" haloween outfit Meredith...just a thought!