Friday, September 3, 2010

My Turtle's First Day of School

Meredith started her second year in pre-school this week. Neal and I went to the meet-the-teacher night on Monday and were super-excited to tell Meredith that she would be in the Turtle class! How did they know she was totally into turtles? :) Even better, it looks like all of the kids that came back from her Super Star class are in her Turtle class. I did have a moment of panic when they told us that we needed to send them to school with a 3-ring binder and a pencil pouch. How can this little girl be old enough for a 3-ring binder?? So we spent one morning scouring all of Arlington looking for a green 3-ring binder and any sort of zipper pouch we could find (note to self...never shop for school supplies three weeks after everyone has started school).

So the big day came, and we headed out the front porch to commemorate her big day - her first day of 4-year-old pre-school!
We started our photo session with the rain coat on since it was slightly drizzling, she was sure she would need it. Luckily, she realized that it wasn't raining anymore in time for a few more pics.
My sweet girl
And my silly girl
And my patient girl (waiting for me to be done taking 1,000 pictures)
And, of course, my happy girl
Would you look at that back pack! Huge and heavy filled with a binder and lunch box
Jillian thinks she is going to school too, so tries on big sister's back pack
One more grin for Mama before we head off!


Meredith was ready to get into class, her new teachers, and her friends, but let me take one last picture outside of her room!


Meredith did great - she ran right in to join her friends, and this year, I held up too! Jillian, cried because she wanted to go play, but I told her that this just meant we got to go play! We spent the day with my Grandma, who just had surgery, and then took her back with us to pick Meredith up! We swung by and saw her Super Star teachers, which completed a great school day for Meredith. She told us that she got to be Line Leader and she got to bring home "Timmy the Turtle" which means she gets to bring things that start with an "M" for show and tell on Tuesday! We all went to Sonic to celebrate such a great day! I am looking forward to this year - I think she is going to learn so much - she has great teachers and wonderful friends. We are so blessed!

No comments: