Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rock and Roll

A little over a year ago, my sweet friend Elizabeth put out a plea to get me to run with her again (she and I along with our other friend Jackie ran all together the summer before but then...). So, we started meeting way too early on way too many mornings. We griped and whined. But by a year later we were in a groove and were on our way to our first big race - the Dallas Rock and Roll 1/2 relay! It was such a fun thing to train for and accomplish together! We did really well -I ran right at the pace I was hoping for especially because my part was almost all uphill and it was much hotter than we were used to. We also talked Neal and our friend Jason into forming a team and they really rocked it coming in 5th place among the guys!!Next up we are going to tackle the full 13.1 miles together!
Excited to start the race!
Elizabeth and I post-race

Enjoying the post-race beer. Ok, I never "enjoy" beer, but since they gave it out, I had a bit - but I really can't imagine that drinking it in the heat after that much running that early in the am would be enjoyable to anyone.

Love that we got to do this together!

No comments: