Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mambo #5

Last weekend was the girls' dance recital!  Jillian was up first doing a tap dance to the Disney version of Mambo #5.  She looked adorable and their dance was super cute.  But, as you may remember from past dance posts, Jillian has not always cooperated in dance performances.  At her Christmas one, she stood there.  At the spring one, she stood there.  When they have parent observation, she barely moves.  So, I was hopeful, but not holding my breath.  But, then she took the stage for the dress rehearsal and she became the most adorable tap dancer (and yes, there was dancing - lots of it!) that I had ever seen.  I was a blubbering mess in my seat while watching - I was so proud of her and just loved watching how much fun she had!  So, sit back and enjoy what could become a flip book of her performance! :)

She is grinning from ear-to-ear!







When I went to get Jillian after her performance, she knew I was so proud of her and you could tell she was so proud of herself!  Then she said "But Landon's not here!" To which I reminded her he would be there that night for the real thing.  She then said "Well, I not dance anymore!" So, I got a little nervous that the morning one might be all she had in her, but she turned it all back on when it was time to hit the stage again.



 The starting pose for the dance that she wanted lots of pictures of!

No comments: