Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chuck E Cheese

I had been waiting for it. Our grocery store is right next door to Chuck E Cheese. Meredith sees ads for Chuck E Cheese (which Meredith pronounces Chuck E Cheesus) before Sesame Street and Mickey, so I figured she would know that it was someplace she should check out. The other day, it finally happened. On the way into the store, Meredith said "Mommy, what is that?" I told her and she replied "I want to go there!" So I told her we would plan a trip. Later that week, Meredith was with my mom when she saw another ad for Chuck E Cheese. She told Gigi that she was going to go and said "Do you want to come too? It is right by my grocery store if you look to the left." What? Really?

So the next week, we met up with Katie and her mom for a fun morning! The girls loved playing together - Meredith's favorite were all the rides, especially the huge rocking horse that you had to climb a ton of stairs to get to and we all had fun playing for lots and lots of tickets (that only bought about ten cents worth of stuff, but the girls were so excited anyway!) She was pretty apprehensive about sitting near the characters as they sung, but she warmed up to them. Chuck E. Cheese made a trip through the store, too - Katie couldn't wait to give him a hug. Meredith, however, clung to me for dear life. Even with appearanced by Chuck himself and the singing characters, she can't wait to go back.
The girls love getting together and were so excited to get to play!
On one of the many rides that Meredith loved!
This fun game let you call Chuck E. Cheese - which she did, but she told us she also made a call or two to her friends Sarah and Rachel!
That is some serious ski-balling!
She got so excited when she one SO many tickets all from one game!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Ha! Caroline calls it "Chuck E Cheesus" too! I think the commercial must say "Go, Chuck E. Cheese's, Go!" because I hear that every time we drive by there.