Tuesday, July 14, 2009

San Antonio Girls Trip 2009

After a very successful trip last summer to San Antonio, mom and I were excited to take Meredith back and to add Jillian to our girls trip (I should stop calling it that - we are hoping to convince Katie and Landon to come on the next one...) We hit some of Meredith's favorites from last year, including Sea World, the Riverwalk, and the market (complete with a bus ride to get us there and home which she loved again this year!)- but this year we also hit the San Antonio zoo!
Look at my big girl riding in an umbrella stroller! She did great in this and it was essential with all the steps on the riverwalk. The best part was that everyone that passed us could see my sweet baby's face and hair! I have never had so many people tell me how cute she was or how much they loved her hair. I was starting to get an ego about how great my genes are! :)

She fell in love with this hat - we could hardly take it off of her the whole trip and when she would put it on, she would exclaim, "I am Cowgirl Mermiff!"

We opted for a River Taxi ride instead of a tour like we took last year - I thought it would be shorter, unfortunatley we got on it later than we should have and then ended up being on it FOREVER to get back to somewhere we recognized. Luckily everyone was loving the views

The next day we hit Sea World, Jillian was a great sport in the tremendous heat and such a cutie in her hat.
Meredith must have been in a hat phase this weekend because she told us before we got to Sea World she wanted a dolphin hat. We didn't find one of those, but we luckily happened upon this Penguin one.

As we headed in for a second trip through the penguin exhibit, we saw this guy - Meredith refused to say hello, but halfway through seeing the real penguins, she insisted we go back to give him a hug. I think this picture really shows how she felt about him up close!
Later, we saw him again with his dolphin friend - she was much braver this time!

Our last day, we headed to the San Antonio zoo - it is smaller than our zoo, but it had some great exhibits and had some fun kid-friendly activities including a toddler area that Meredith loved!
The zoo has a beautiful butterfly house that Meredith and I walked through - here are she and Jillian showing a few of the life stages of a butterfly.
Meredith planned to send this goat to timeout since he stole the food we bought for him from the hole of the machine before I had time to get it. Luckily I had another quarter and had learned my lesson so we did finally get to feed them ourselves.
Even at a new zoo, Meredith performed her favorite zoo activity of feeding the fish.

Meredith and Gigi also took a train ride while Jillian and I stayed behind in the A/C - Meredith waited all day to ride and was so excited - and then fell asleep almost immediately.

1 comment:

Megan said...

It looks like you all had such a blast! You and your girls sure are cute!