Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jillian is 3 months old

This week marks Jillian's 3 month birthday. It has been a very busy month being kicked off with me heading back to work. I hated to leave my little girl for the first time (even though she was going to stay with Gigi or Bubbie everyday and I am still working just part time) of course I was just as sad to be giving up my fun days with Meredith too. Jillian also started sleeping in her bed for the first time this month - we held her over in her bassinet that was by our bed a little longer than planned, but she did great (more importantly, so did I!) I think she loved how comfy her bed is, because soon after moving over, she started sleeping through the night. This little girl loves her paci so much and has even started to find her fist when her paci isn't right where she needs it. Much to her dismay, she hasn't figured out that she needs to untuck her thumb to really get the most out of this position, I am hoping to hold off on that, but we'll see! She has become more and more vocal these past few weeks with lots of fun shreiks (that Meredith loves to impersonate) and little coos (that Meredith will interpret for me to her liking) and, as I posted the other day, we get lots of fun laughs - kisses and raspberries are sure to bring out a chuckle. And she also loves to have you play with or kiss on her feet. On our trip, Gigi was kissing her toes and when she would stop, Jillian would stick them back up in the air every time, almost begging her to continue. It was too cute! She has also developed a love of twirling , patting, and pulling her hair (luckily she still has plenty to do that with!)

No comments: