Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Storytime

Tonight was one of my favorite times at our church! All of the preschoolers came up to church in PJs to hear Dr. Wiles tell the Christmas story. Such a sweet time!
Meredith and Kylie were very excited to sit together
Meredith moved up toward the front, but I didn't want to block little views, so I stayed back. I was thinking that Jillian would not want to leave me, but I was wrong. She was quite happy to walk up with the big kids!
Dr. Wiles did a great job keeping telling the story perfectly for all those little ears.
Jillian was having a great time - she would crack up, to which Meredith would shoosh her. So Jillian would crack up again, then shoosh herself, then laugh some more.
Love my sweet girls that love to match and love to be together.
Meredith wanted to make sure I got a good picture of her jammies.
The kids also got to bring a stuffed friend, Meercat was the lucky friend to come with Meredith.
Jillian brought Ruffles, plus some milk and couldn't resist accessorizing her PJs with a rainbow necklace.

We headed out and it was time for dinner. Neal was at a concert but I fully intended to head home to make something quick. Meredith didn't seem too excited about anything I had to offer so I decided to just make tonight a really fun night (I could also say that I threw parenting common sense out the window, but whatever). So we had doughnuts for dinner. Yep. Not sure if that makes me a really fun mom or a really bad mom. I am going with fun.

Months ago, Meredith started asking why doughnut stores were closed at dinner time. Which just got her to want to eat doughnuts at dinner even more. I told her that someday we could go to Krispy Kreme for dinner since they were open all day as a special treat. Tonight seemed like the perfect time!
Happy girl with a Snowman doughnut!
Jillian was pretty excited with our dinner destination too!

Tomorrow seems like a good day for an extra serving of vegetables...

2 comments:

Ginny V said...

FUN MOM!

Anonymous said...

I also vote "FUN MOM"!