Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This year I was counting down the days until it was "appropriate" to put up our Christmas decorations. Meredith was pretty thrilled too! We started with our big tree
Lots of help from my sweet Meredith
Jillian was a little too busy to help at first...
But then jumped in when she found out that some of the ornaments play music and move. I thought we would never get them away from her, but she was very excited to help hang them - and she has been really good about leaving them on the tree ever since...to say I am surprised is a bit of an understatement.
Meredith loved choosing which ornament went where and also skimming a few off the top for her own tree!

Meredith, no surprise, was most excited to work on getting her tree all set up. I took a couple cute pictures of the girls BEFORE decorating, but somehow didn't get any of them working with the tree...
When she is in the mood to pose, she can pose!
Sweet sisters - Meredith was very sweet to pick out some of the ornaments she has used on her tree in the past to share with Jillian what got her own tree for the first time this year.

Jillian loves Christmas trees everywhere we go, so I decided she for sure needed her own this year. I went after a little green one just like Meredith's, but she loved the pink one and I decided it was perfect for her, so pink it was! I knew Meredith wouldn't be jealous of pink since she loves green, but she was a little sad that their trees didn't "match" - but when I told her it was what Jillian liked, she was happy, too!

She lights up every time she goes in her room and sees her tree waiting for her!

No comments: