Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is getting to go to Church with my family for Christmas Eve service. I love getting to be with the people I love, getting to see my good friends, and of course, getting to worship Jesus! My experience at the service for the past 5 years, though, has been a little fragmented...with the addition of kids to the pew, I have always had to take one or both kids out to the welcome center at some point. I was prepared for that again this year, but to my pleasant surprise, both girls did great and I got to enjoy the whole service!

Awww...the sweetest Christmas headlock I ever did see!
Maybe better?

After Church, we then headed to Gigi and Papa's for dinner and lots of celebrating! We started off the night trying to get a picture of our three kiddos all together - always a fun job!

After too many takes for these kids, they just decided they needed to hug!
Pictures - this time let's add Papa!

After a yummy dinner, we jumped into opening presents - the kids were beyond excited!
Meredith's first gift to open (that was to both girls from Landon)...as she ripped into the paper and saw the shipping box, she yelled out "Yeah! It is from Walmart!"
The insides didn't disappoint - can you tell how excited this girl was to get JoJo the hide and seek rabbit?
Jillian, in typical toddler fashion, was just excited to get to carry around tissue paper!
Meredith, loving on her Precious Moments Doll Grandma and Grandpa Geurin sent to her - they sure know what Meredith loves!
Jillian was super-excited about her new Jessie hooded towel (with one to match for her big sister). She wore it the rest of the night and would not take it off! This girl loves hooded towels or just any way she can accessorize herself.
With the added paci off to the side of her mouth (and if only this picture had her with the hat up!), Neal was convinced she was trying to impersonate John Wayne from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly."

We had such an amazing night with family and were excited to get home to get ready for Santa's big arrival and more family time on Christmas Day!

No comments: