Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Advent Jesse Tree

This is our completed Advent Jesse Tree from 2012. We add an ornament to each night and there is a devotion that goes with each ornament that helps take you through the entire story of Jesus, beginning with creation.  This year, we pulled out Meredith's Bible and had her read the scripture for each devotion.  It was so amazing to hear her little mouth say all these scriptures!  So, this quickly became my favorite part of the night.  She was actually even really eager to get to do it!  The other great thing that I have always loved about the devotions are the questions that they ask at the end for the kids to answer.  I loved hearing her answers but I also loved getting to hear Jillian's first....she almost always tried to just answer "Jesus!" whenever it might happen to fit.  But there were lots of the other answers that she was able to answer correctly that made this mama's heart happy - one of her favorite things to tell you this Christmas season was that the angels came with "Good News!" so when that was a question on Christmas Eve, she was super eager to shout that out!  Then it got better....since Meredith was reading from the Bible, Jillian started wanting to read from the Bible, too.  So, I would read a couple of lines and have her repeat after me.  I loved hearing her "read" the word of God and to hear her little interpretations of some pretty big words.  These girls seemed to soak up so much of the Christmas story this year, even more than past years, I think that I was just so thankful for all the places that my kiddos hear about God and Jesus and that we were able to celebrate Him!


No comments: