Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Turkey Trot


This year, we decided to start a new tradition on Thanksgiving....we did a Turkey Trot!  I borrowed a double jogging stroller from a sweet friend because I wasn't thinking either girl would be up for 3 miles of walking!  We had so much fun - Neal and I both got a good walk/jog in before the big meals of the day and the girls played and had so much fun in the stroller for most of the race.  They even got out and participated for part of it!  As we got right up to the finish line, I got lots of chuckles as I let them out to cross the finish line on foot....everyone acted envious and wished they could finish a race by just running about .1 mile! 



They took some turns pushing the stroller. Sadly, they wouldn't push us! 
And some walking with Daddy

A little mid-race posing



And of course we had to pose with the gigantic turkey after the race!

After the Turkey Trot, we got to have Thanksgiving dinners, first at Neal's parents house and then at mine.  I didn't take any pictures somehow, but we had a great time and were blessed by the time with our families!

No comments: