Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas morning!

After we got home from Gigi's Christmas Eve, we put out our doughnuts we made for Santa - the girls chose a chocolate sprinkles and a doughnut hole.  And we put the girls to bed.  Meredith fell asleep really quickly, but it took Jillian a bit longer! Earlier that day, Meredith had asked what time they could wake up, Neal joked that they had to sleep until 10, and Meredith said "No!  How about 8:30?" To which we both screamed "Deal!!" We never thought she would suggest walking up an hour and a half later than normal!  She actually came in a little before 7 because she was "scared" but she dozed with us until a little before 8, when Jillian woke up and then we all watched a little TV in bed before heading out.  Neal and I couldn't believe it!

 Our treat for Santa

And when we woke up....

 Meredith's cool new green bike
 And a purple one for Jillian
 The girls making their way to see their new toys!

 Meredith was very excited to read the letter that Santa left for the girls

 It was raining when we got up and really cold, so this was as much as we got to do to try out the bikes, but it was enough to get a taste of it, then move on to stockings!
 The girls got lots of fun goodies - some of the favorites were a wallet, yo-yos and for Jillian, a Dora bath paint set.  Daddy's favorite moments were when the girls (especially Jillian) would take something out and immediately want to go put it away!  
 Jillian was excited to help daddy once she had seen what Santa filled her stocking with.

After seeing what Santa left, we had breakfast - our homemade doughnuts and some homemade Kolaches, courtesy of our friend, Taylor.  They were delish! Of course, Meredith still couldn't wait to go see what was under our tree.  She kept offering to go out and organize piles while Neal and I ate.  I sure do remember those times when you were little!

For the past few years, we have had themed PJs.  This has been complicated each year because I keep starting with the girls PJs.  This year, they had this super cute ones that matched their dolls, so I decided to go find gingerbread man ones for us.  No luck.  So, I figured, I can make them!  I bought fabric (that cost probably twice as much as just buying pants, by the way) and set off to make them.  They are hilarious.  I made mine first and they were pretty off, but I messed with them and tried to adjust for when I made Neal's.  I do believe his were worse.  Oh well, they made it in the picture!



 A shot of the PJs, that does not do them justice (taken by Meredith at a very artistic angle).  Neal sang "2 Legit" whenever he saw me because they have a very MC Hammer pant vibe to them.  Not to mention amazingly awkward extra fabric in the front and rear.   And I must not have stitched the seat of mine well, because after bending over a few times, they were no longer really sewn shut.  Oh well.  Someone please show me this picture if I tell you I am making PJ pants ever again.
 Neal showing off his awesome pants again.

 I surprised Meredith with a USA Gymnast outfit - it was a hit!
 One of Jillian's top wishes - a Penguin Dream Lite
 The girls made a card for Daddy telling him they got him an audio book subscription
You would never know that it was freezing outside -she couldn't wait to put this on!

No comments: