Monday, April 19, 2010

Jillian's 12 month stats

We had Jillian's 12 month check-up on Friday - I was a little nervous because Jillian still isn't sleeping through the night and the doctor had been telling me at the past two appointments that I needed to let her cry it out, so I was afraid when I asked his advice he might just think I had been ignoring him. I was really feeling like it all had to do with her reflux, which I still think might have been the start to her waking up early on, but now that she is on a pretty decent medicine, who knows. He does think that it is now "behavioral" and gave me a plan to try to get her to drink less milk so that she will eat more table food (which is also a struggle for us) so that she might be less hungry at night.

We also had another head discussion since her head size is still off-the-charts. This time he asked if he could measure my head. When he did, he showed me an average woman's head size chart and I was as far off the curve as Jillian is, so he was satisfied that we are just a family with large heads. So I guess that is good news? :)

So her stats:

Height: 29 3/4 in (75%)
Weight: 21 lbs (50%)
Head: 49 (99% - only because he said you can't be 100% because you can never have a bigger head than yourself. Again- I guess that makes me feel better?)

Her percentiles in height and weight have dropped (from 95% for height and 75% for weight) in the past few months, but they said that was normal.)

1 comment:

gara hill said...

Jillian better watch out. Travis was 20 lbs. 3 oz. on Saturday. :)