Monday, April 19, 2010

Jilly Bean's First Birthday Party

After a fun family day on Wednesday to celebrate Jillian's actual birthday, we were so excited to get to have a fun party with some of our favorite people to celebrate Jilly Bean's first birthday!
The happy Birthday girl! She had a blast playing with her friends in her play room.
Posing with her presents and enjoying a birthday cracker!
Jillian loved all of her presents although opening them up with everyone watching was a little overwhelming, I think!

Her nickname gave us the perfect theme for her party - Jelly Beans! I had a lot of fun searching for things to make the party perfect! For party favors I actually tested my hand at sewing and make these really fun Jelly Bean-bags plus we set up a Jelly Bean-bag toss.
The party favor Jelly Bean-bags
Meredith was very excited about playing this game - she even chose her boots for her dress, saying they were her "Bean Bag throwing boots"

After finding a pattern for the bean bags, I started cutting out lots of Jelly Bean shaped things for other decoration - these were my favorite:
When it was time for cake, I was sure Jillian was going to be ready to dive right in - this girl loves sweets! Again, I think the whole thing was a little overwhelming so she was a little more cautious than I thought she might be.

Her Jelly Bean cake! My friends, Krista and Joyce have a cake business, so they helped me cut the jelly bean shapes and then made the one and the banner for me. Then I had lots of "fun" baking the cake and assembling it. After lots of little hiccups, I finally got it all put together and was pretty proud of it! It didn't taste bad either! And check out the really cute Jelly Bean cookies Gigi made - they were a hit too!
Jillian, looking very interested in her very own smash cake
I think she was feeling a little shy with all the singing
The big kids were very excited to come help her blow out the candle
Meredith was also happy to come help her figure out how good cake is!
Such a sweet big sister!
Now she is getting the hang of it!

YUM!
"I'm done!" Jillian decided to just go ahead and climb out. We almost had a foot in the middle of the cake.
The final cake damage

After I got her cleaned up and dressed, she was wanting to just be carried, so I held her while I ate my cake. At that point, she decided she was ready for round two of cake eating! Mine was chocolate, so maybe I just chose the wrong flavor for her smash cake - or maybe it is just more fun to try to get Mama messy too!
The two of us quickly polished off my piece of cake...
What a mess!
We sure love our Jilly Bean!
After the cake, we had another game to play - fill the Jilly Bean jar!
Jillian had more fun taking the beans out, but hey - it's her birthday!
Meredith putting her bean in the Jilly Bean jar
Gigi also made Jelly Bean cookies for the kids to decorate which Meredith and Sydney were excited to do!

After the party, our family stayed for burgers, brats and hot dogs. Then we had ice cream sundaes (Jillian loves ice cream!)
Aunt Sandy and Uncle Perry made it to our house in time for dinner and everyone was thrilled! Meredith and Landon couldn't have been more excited to see Aunt Sandy and Jillian couldn't get enough of Uncle Perry. The whole night Jillian had either wanted to be attached to my hip or she was just a little overwhelmed, as I said before. But then when Uncle Perry arrived, she couldn't stop smiling and laughing! She was loving it and I think Uncle Perry thought it was pretty great too!

No comments: