Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beautiful Girls

Ok, so it is possible I am biased, but still.  I like to do a photoshoot for the girls each year around their birthday, but this year decided to try to meet in the middle to get some shots of the girls together, too.  The timing worked out fantastically because I got wind of a great deal that Melissa Darst had a great deal on a site that was also donating to my brother and sister-in-law's adoption fund.  I couldn't go wrong - great pics, great price, help me to get a new niece or nephew.  I was sold!  We actually ended up squeezing this shoot onto Laura's rehearsal dinner day - not sure what this mama was thinking, but...  So we started off with a little bit of a hot day in a beautiful field that sadly was full of thorns.  Luckily, at least one of my girls was a trooper.  Can you guess which one?



Yeah, not Jillian.  This face is about all we got for the longest time.  Did I mention it was hot.  Eventually most of us were in tears.  We rallied and gave it one more shot.  Melissa started talking about poop and magically, Jillian opened up.




And mama took a deep breath. 

So, like I mentioned, a big part of the reason I did this special package was because it benefited Neil and Katie's adoption.  The ironic part of that story is that on the way home from the shoot, I got a call from Katie telling me that she was pregnant.  Read more about how fun God's timing can be here.  Seriously, I couldn't have been more excited by this news.  They had a long road to get there and I can't wait to meet the newest part of our family!

No comments: