Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jillian's first day of school

Just a few days after Meredith started school, Jillian headed back to Fielder Road to start her 3 year-old year as a Rainbow.  She loved school last year but in typical Jillian fashion, decided that she would refuse to go to school this year.  I really didn't make that an option and still insisted we take pictures.  So, she didn't really want to cooperate at first.  But again, in Jillian fashion, she decided to be her sweet self when she was ready.

 After I noticed her gesture in this picture, I decided this summed up how she felt about going back to school and my insistence on pictures.  I texted this pic to Neal a little later, to which he wrote back "Ha! That's going to be our Beans." We're in trouble.

When non-purposeful inappropriate gestures didn't get her out of the pictures, she tried hiding.

 Then I started making her laugh, but she still wasn't really budging on those hands....

 Hooray - we can see her face. And sort-of a smile.  I'll take it.


 She seemed a little nervous in the car, so I wasn't sure how drop-off would go.  Luckily, we saw her friend, Brady on the way in.  He was going to be in her class, too, so it helped.  She stopped to tell other moms from last year all along the way "I am a Rainbow" - she loves that she is a Rainbow and is even more excited that her room is Purple!
 I gave getting a smile from Jillian one last shot at the door, she decided she would participate this time!
And just like that, she trotted into her room and started showing Mrs. Stewart her Hippo lunchbox.  She is all show!


No comments: